The scheduled service intervals below are general recommendations for your 2nd Generation Porsche Macan. Specific recommendations may vary, so please consult with your Porsche service expert for more specific information.
- Oil and Filter Change: The oil and filter should typically be changed every 10,000 to 15,000 miles or approximately once a year, whichever comes first. However, newer models may have longer oil change intervals, and some owners opt for using synthetic oil for extended change intervals.
- Spark Plug Replacement: Spark plugs should generally be replaced every 40,000 to 60,000 miles or every four to six years, depending on driving conditions and the specific spark plug type used.
- Air Filter Replacement: The air filter should be inspected and replaced as needed, typically every 30,000 to 45,000 miles or every three to four years, to maintain proper airflow and engine protection.
- Fuel Filter Replacement: The fuel filter should be replaced periodically, typically every 60,000 to 90,000 miles or every six to nine years, to ensure clean fuel delivery and prevent fuel system issues.
- Coolant System Maintenance: The coolant should be flushed and replaced every three to five years, or as recommended by Porsche, to prevent cooling system problems and maintain proper engine temperature.
- Brake System Maintenance: The brake fluid should be replaced approximately every two years, regardless of mileage, to maintain proper brake system performance and safety.
- Drive Belt Inspection and Replacement: The drive belt(s) should be inspected regularly for wear and replaced as needed. The specific interval can vary depending on the model and belt type, but it's generally recommended to inspect the belt(s) every 60,000 miles and replace them if they show signs of wear or damage.
- Transmission and Differential Fluid Change: The transmission and differential fluid should be changed according to the manufacturer's recommendations. These intervals can vary depending on the model and type of transmission, so it's important to refer to the owner's manual for specific guidance.
Maintenance for other Porsche Model Years
For other information on Porsche maintenance, service, and repair, or for the service schedule for later model years, please see our other Porsche articles.